Johnstown: 814.288.1544  |  Somerset: 814.445.2030

Certified Public Accountants

At Barnes Saly, it’s our experience and commitment to exceptional customer service that has helped us grow into one of the largest and most respected certified public accounting and business consulting firms in west central Pennsylvania.   Businesses and individuals, Non Profit organizations, government and municipal authorities, manufacturers, nursing homes and employee benefit plans.  If you use QuickBooks we provide QuickBooks Support with our QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisors.

IRS interest rates rise for the second quarter of 2016:

The interest rates the IRS charges on underpaid taxes and pays on tax overpayments have gone up for the second quarter of 2016 (April 1 through June 30). Here are the new rates for individuals and corporations.

For individuals:
4% charged on underpayments; 4% paid on overpayments.

For corporations:
4% charged on underpayments; 3% paid on overpayments.

6% charged on large corporate underpayments.

1.5% paid on the portion of a corporate overpayment exceeding $10,000.

View on Facebook

You may benefit from two filing extensions:

The IRS has extended the time to meet two filing requirements that may benefit you.

~ Asset basis consistency statement. Executors of estates who are required to report the value of assets to beneficiaries now have until June 30, 2016, to file statements with the IRS and the beneficiaries.
~ Work Opportunity Tax Credit. Employers who hired qualified workers in 2015 have until May 31, 2016, to file the paperwork to claim the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.

Contact us for details about these new deadlines.

View on Facebook

In The News

26 Apr 16

Online Customer Service is Important

Providing excellent customer service is crucial for any business, but dealing with customer complaints over the internet can be challenging.…